The Crazy Peacemakers
June 22, 2018, 04:08:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TCP is all the fun!

Home   Forum   Help Search Login Register   **
Members
Total Members: 180
Latest: abunhade
Stats
Total Posts: 5932
Total Topics: 591
Online Today: 1
Online Ever: 81
(September 03, 2009, 09:15:05 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: TSS mess game  (Read 31766 times)
zoria
Z-17 CT
TCP Senior Member
Mad

Pony!

« on: April 25, 2009, 02:09:46 am »

Some of you might have noticed the TSS mess game on the Pardus forum:
http://forum.pardus.at/index.php?showtopic=38580

I know it is lots of fun in real life and am interested in knowing how it works on the wonderful land of internet. Now I'm curious whether TCP has enough people to get a game running, I bet it would be fun to do with a bunch of crazy people! Some of you might know the game as werewolves and villagers, cultists and investigators etc. This is a Pardus version of the old game. Happy

It is basically about a group of pilots who are stranded in one place where they can't get away from. Among them there is 2 TSS guys killing one person every night. In the morning the group notices the death and starts discussing and decides to lynch someone. Thus, every night one is killed by TSS and during the day one is lynched by the angry mob (this works by voting). The angry mob, of course, tries to lynch the TSS guys whereas the TSS guys try to get an innocent person lynched. There's also a hacker who can hack people and get to know who is a TSS person... All the roles are secrets, except that the TSS guys know each other, since they do the killing together. When someone is lynched the gamemaster (would be me in this case) reveals the role of the person in question.

Well, it's a game about survival and talking oneself out of trouble and the others into trouble. Check the threads on Pardus forum and tell whether you'd be interested in taking part in a TCP only version. We'd need around 15-20 players who would need to participate in the discussion and voting on a daily basis. Smile

Rules (I would probably tweak them a bit): http://forum.pardus.at/index.php?showtopic=38580
Discussion: http://forum.pardus.at/index.php?showtopic=38582
Voting: http://forum.pardus.at/index.php?showtopic=38584

Z-17 Crazy Trader
Abun Hade
Administrator
Mad

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:19:34 am »

me me me! me in!

I want a Libby.. a Super Libby.. and Kate Beckinsale and Lily Cole in it.. Mellow

Love isn't blind - It just has poor depth perception
Asd
Administrator
Mad

Trader for TCP!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:57 am »

I'd like to giveit a try...

Scorpion wannabe Dry
Dolph
TCP Senior Member
Irrational

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:39:30 am »

Cheerleader

Don't kill me, TSS don't wear skirts Undecided!

other than that, count me in WinkWink

Dolph THN, cRAzY applications manager.
GoR
God o' Frockets
TCP Senior Member
Mad

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 05:49:55 am »

Me, me, me!

C'mon all you... others, don't you want to lynch God of Rockets?
Q
Old Master Q
Administrator
Psychotic

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:31:31 am »

I am scared of winning so I am all alone then  Undecided

Dare to lynch me! (Means, I am in.)
Commander Doom
TCP Senior Member
Insane

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 09:40:20 am »

Sign me in to  Sleep
Serander
TCP Senior Member
Irrational

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 12:15:18 am »

Could give a try.
Ra
TCP Senior Member
Twisted

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 04:53:34 am »

I'm in.  Yarr

Captain of The Crazy Moonmaker
zoria
Z-17 CT
TCP Senior Member
Mad

Pony!

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 04:07:17 am »

It would be good to have a couple of more people, so that we'd have around 11. We can try with a smaller amount too. I'll give it a thought over the weekend and try to get something running. Smile

Z-17 Crazy Trader
zoria
Z-17 CT
TCP Senior Member
Mad

Pony!

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 02:06:46 pm »

Background story:

You are a bunch of workers who have gotten stranded in Dolph's medlab during the bot uprising in Homam. There seems to be no way out, since the electrical doors are jammed and the communications central is out of order. Among you there are bots in disguise. Luckily there is also an engineer, who can once every night examine one person and determine whether he is a bot (bots don't sleep, right Wink).

Every player will be given a secret identity by the moderator of the game (me). There are 3 different types of player identities:
2 x bots in disguise
1 x engineer
rest of the players are workers

DO NOT REVEAL YOUR SECRET IDENTITY TO ANYONE.

The bots are allowed to be in contact with each other in order to plan their next kill.

Night: During the night, the bots kill someone, and the engineer will determine the identity of someone. The bots are allowed to communicate with each other via PMs in Pardus, in order to plan their next strike. The engineer can send the moderator a pm asking for an identity of one person. The moderator will keep the players up to date by posting the happenings of the night on the forum.

Day: Players gather to discuss who to lynch. You want bloody (well... oily in the case of bots) justice. Once the voting ends (every 48 hours; every second day at 20:00 GMT) the player getting the most votes gets lynched. If the voting ends in a tie I will randomly choose the player to get lynched from the ones getting the most votes (this is in the rules in order to encourage the players to lynch someone). After the lynching the moderator reveals the identity of the lynched person and updates the list of characters still alive.

THE DEAD DO NOT SAY ANYTHING DURING THE REST OF THE GAME. It means no posting in the game threads!

Game Over: Day and night are repeated until the bots are dead or the number of bots and workers is equal, in which case the bots reveal their identity and kill the last workers openly. All players still alive at the end of the game are the winners.

Roleplaying: This game is supposed to be played with roleplaying involved. Feel free to play any kind of role you wish, take the lead, accuse all the players randomly, try to be the voice of reason etc. Most important: Have fun and enjoy the game!

DO NOT DISCUSS THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THE THREADS WITH OTHERS, IT WILL RUIN THE FUN.
(There will be one thread for discussion and one for voting, I'll put them up later on).

CHANGE IN THE LYNCHING RULE: In the case of a tie I will randomly choose who of the ones getting the most votes will get lynched.

Rules adapted from: http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Werewolf/Rules.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:30:58 pm by zoria » Logged

Z-17 Crazy Trader
ironstevie
TCP Senior Member
Distracted

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 04:26:11 pm »

You can count me in!  Smile Though i'd rather be stranded in one of me well secured buildings, Dolphins MedLab will also be nice! I've heard he has plenty of bot traps there.
Wes
Gone With the Wind
Unbalanced

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 04:54:53 pm »

I want to lynch someone! Count me it! Cheesy

The magic kitty saver Wub
Rafa
Supreme Being
TCP Senior Member
Unbalanced

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 12:38:15 am »

Me! Pick me!